You can accept or refuse. Accepting lowers her relationship with father, while refusing seems to do nothing. Either way the suitor will leave his gift of money.
He actually plays some roles in the game's endings. In one he is Count Stanton and is looking for a wife who is beautiful and refined. In another he is Vikovitch, a wealthy man who is attracted to beauty. In a third ending he is named Hopkins, a wealthy man who claims to have fallen in love on first sight.
- Goodbye for now.
- I ask you to please become my wife.
- I await your answer.
- I have fallen in love with your beauty!
- I have seen many beautiful women, but none can match your charms!
- You are incredibly beautiful, and what's more you are very refined.
- My heart is not moved by beauty alone, but I have completely fallen for your elegant charm.
- Oh. That's too bad. I'll come back when I've become more worthy of your daughter.
- Sir, please give your daughter's hand to me! My feelings for her are honest.
In the Sega Saturn guide book Princess Maker 2 O Isshō Tanoshimu Hon he's known as "求婚者", or basically "Suitor".